Monday, February 14, 2011

I had a sweet tooth so I backed two French Coconut pies

This was the first time I made french Coconut pie and I doubled the recipe. They came out very nice as I only have one slice left after 48 hours and I might make another today




French Coconut Pie






1 1/2 cups granulated sugar

3 large eggs, beaten

1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut

1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted

1 tablespoon lemon extract

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Juice from one lemon

1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell





Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Slowly melt butter in a pan making sure butter does not turn brown

Combine sugar, beaten eggs, coconut, melted butter, lemon extract, and vanilla; mix well.

Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the center of the pie is firm when you shake it

Cool before serving.

Makes 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment